As the Senate Judiciary Committee continues the “mark up” process on S.744, the Border Security, Economic Opportunity and Immigration Modernization Act, the National Network for Immigrant and Refugee Rights asks individuals and groups to join them in signing an Open Letter to the Committee to adhere to the principles of human rights, labor rights, fairness and justice.
They ask for changes in the following.
- Substantially improve the path to citizenship.
- Access to a green card should not be dependent upon a “secure border”.
- The filing fees are too high.
- Maintain the core commitment to family reunification as a criteria.
- Continue the Diversity Visa program.
- End the prioritization of increase in border enforcement and militarization of the border.
- End the current immigration detention system.
- Ensure access to full labor protections and labor rights.
- End the temporary worker programs as soon as possible.
10. End the enhanced deportation programs.
DSA is a member of the National Network.
If you would like to endorse as an organization, please click here.