If you’ve been to the Good Jobs, Green Jobs Conference before, you probably have your own reasons, but I wanted to share mine. Here are five good reasons I should see you February 10-11 in Washington, D.C.
1. Repair America. That’s the theme of Good Jobs, Green Jobs this year. The systems we rely on every day—for energy, water, to communicate with each other, the schools where our children learn, and much more—are the backbone of our country. We’ve put off repairs too long. Acting now to Repair America will create family-sustaining jobs, address climate change by reducing energy waste and carbon pollution, and ensure our communities and workplaces are safe and healthy.
2. Our keynote speakers and panelists. Every year, we have dynamic keynote speakers (we’ve announced just a few that will be at the Conference this year and there will be many more to be announced in the near future) that are leading America to a cleaner economy and a healthier environment.
3. Exhibits featuring businesses leading the way in the clean economy. Get an inside look at which companies are leading the way in environmental innovation and good, family-supporting jobs.
4. It’s an incredible value. You get three plenary sessions—featuring panels of experts and keynote speakers—and dozens of informative workshops over two days for only $225 for both days or $125 for the single day of your choice.
5. The people. Every year, I come away from the Conference having met people that inspired me with the work they are doing in their home states and cities to build a better future for all of us. The Networking Reception—and the many other breaks, workshops, and events—offer opportunities to meet new people and become inspired, or just catch up with old friends.
Don’t wait any longer. Register for Good Jobs, Green Jobs today.
Samantha (Sam) Sewell is the Conference and Events Program Director at the BlueGreen Alliance.